by František Funda
Currently as much as 75% of moldavites circulating the market is counterfeit.
This book will teach you how to tell an authentic moldavite from an imitation even if you have only a photo of the stone. It is a detailed guide both for common taker for moldavite and professional gemologists.
In this book you will learn how to recognize natural raw and cut moldavites, moldavites from Besednice, rare forms and even how to verify the authenticity of a gem in jewelry. This book contains more than 100 quality photographs.
- Superb assistant if you want to buy a moldavite
Buy a genuine moldavite with certainty
- Even if you have only a photo
- All forms of moldavites
- What to generally look out for
- What you will need
- How to recognize a real cut moldavite
- How to recognize an authentic raw moldavite
- A moldavite from the locality of Besednice – how to recognize a real “hedgehog” from a fake one.
- How to recognize hand-made glyptic sculpture in natural moldavite
- How to recognize an authentic tumbled moldavite
- How to recognize authentic moldavites if they are completely broken
- How to recognize authentic moldavite dust
- How to recognize an authentic two-coloured moldavite
- How to recognize a fake and an authentic moldavite in jewellery
- A gemologic test of authenticity of moldavites
- Appendix A. Gemological laboratories
- Appendix B. Chemical composition of moldavites